Saturday, November 6, 2010

Halloween

Halloween is my favorite day of the year. I love dressing up and being a character all night. However, I usually wait until the week before to decide what I will be.

Our plan was to go to a Danger after-life themed warehouse party called Within the Land of Ash on Saturday and the the Village Halloween parade on Sunday.



On Saturday, we dressed as zombies. I ripped up a suit from the Salvation Army, painted my face, and sprayed lots of blood. We looked great. On our walk through the city, I dragged my foot and yelled 'braaainsss!' at passersby. Brittany was dying of laughter. The Danger party was fun, but way crowded. Part of it was also shut down by the fire marshall, so though we had fun, the night ended early.

On Sunday, we were going to dress up for the parade.Since Brittany didn't like any of my suggestions for couples costumes for the parade, I decided to go as The Dude aka Jeffrey Lebowski from The Big Lebowski. I got a wig, beard, white pants and shirt, a bathrobe, a plastic glass for my white Russians, and a bag of severed finger, which I cut to toe size, painted the nails lime green, put in gauze, and put fake blood on them. "But what about the toe?!" I would yell as I handed out severed toes. Unfortunately, we did not go to the parade because were exhausted and it was freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment