Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dream Setlist - Bloc Party

I love Bloc Party. I found out about them by being a stalker: I had a crush on a classmate in law school. I looked her up on Facebook and under her favorite music, she only had A Weekend in the City. I looked it up and saw that the artist was Bloc Party. I listened to it and did not really like it at first, but little by little, I enjoyed it more and more. Now, they are the artist I've listened to the most - beating the second most listened to band by more than 2x.

I only saw them live once and they were great. I wish, though, that I could have them play all of my favorite songs. And so with that in mind, I have created my dream setlist for Bloc Party:

1. Compliments
2. Sunday
3. SRXT
4. The Prayer
5. Signs
6. Flux
7. One More Chance
8. Ares (Villains Remix)
9. Talons (Phones R.I.P. Remix)
10. Signs (AVH Remix)
11. One Month Off
12. Better Than Heaven
13. Helicopter
14. Positive Tension
15. Pioneers
16. Price of Gas
17. Hunting for Witches
18. Uniform
19. On
20. Ion Square
21. Selfish Son
22. Banquet
23. Skeleton
24. Plans

I began to put them in order to create, if not a story, at least a progression, but it was taking way too long. I would have them open with Compliments since the protagonist does nothing... I end it with Plans, which acknowledges everyone's fear of the future and urges us to seize our fate while living in the moment. My favorite songs are toward the end... including the ever elusive Skeleton.

No comments:

Post a Comment