Tuesday, February 15, 2011

On Glasses

Last night, I had a dream that I had just had Lasik. As I was walking, I blinked and the cornea flap popped open and my vision got all blurry. I was not fazed; I just blinked and it popped back in place.

I started wearing glasses in second grade - I would stand and squint to see the chalkboard. Every year, I would have to get new, stronger glasses... my vision deteriorated every year, but every year I got the same style of glasses: huge tortoise shell glasses. Sure, now they are super cool, but damn, it was not cool being a dorky, rotund, and veritably squat kid with a lopsided haircut and huge Sally Jesse Raphael glasses with thick lenses. To make it worse, some years I even had transitions. No matter what the commercials say about transitions being the future of glasses and show really attractive people wearing them, they are really for dorks...



Guess which one is me. I'm that dork with the cool adidas shirt and the bomb transition glasses. Oh you mad cuz I'm stylin' on you? This is a picture from eighth grade trip to D.C.

Wearing glasses sucks. Now my prescription is so bad that the lenses are way thick and distort my face. Sigh.

I don't know if I'll end up getting Lasik or tough it out with contacts, but I'm so glad I have options.

No comments:

Post a Comment