Monday, December 27, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I normally don't make resolutions, first, because one doesn't need a new year or any other occasion to make a change and second, because I am, for the most part, a good human being.

However, there are some things that I would like to do in the next year:

1. stop watching shitty television shows. I watch a lot of tv shows that I don't even really like, that add nothing to my well being, and end up being a pure waste of time. The biggest culprits are Bad Girls Club and Real Housewives of [x city]. The entertainment value do not make up for the time spent on them.

2. With this extra time, I would like to read more.

3. Donate money and volunteer. While I have often donated money to Prep for Prep, Hotchkiss, and Harvard, those institutions probably do not need my meager contributions much. I am looking into animal rights and well-being charities to which I can donate some money. My goal is to donate at least $300.

I'll add others as I think of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment