Tuesday, December 7, 2010

P90X + Insanity Hybrid

I need to get in shape. Though I have been working out some mornings doing Insanity workouts, I have not kept any type of diet or routine to allow me to succeed. So before I become even more sedentary and before I succumb to the beckoning call of comfort food as we plunge into the heart of winter, I have decided to try P90X again.

P90X gives me the structure that I need: Planned workouts and a nutrition plan.

The first time I tried P90X, I completed about 75% of the 90 days and had great results. I was stronger and in great shape. It worked so well for me that I almost had a six pack, meaning that I lost sufficient fat to be able to see some of my abdominal muscles.

This time around, I will be doing the P90X strength routines and Insanity workouts on cardio days. I'll also be moving the Ab Ripper X workout from strength days to cardio days to balance my routines.

I am allowed an ample amount of calories per day, but mostly protein. I am allowed the following: 9 servings of protein, 4 servings of dairy, 2 servings of fruit, 4 servings of vegetables, 1 serving of fat, 1 serving of carbohydrates, 2 servings of condiments, and 2 double snacks (200 calories each).

I started yesterday with the Chest + Back workout. I woke up at 6:00 am and headed over to the gym at 6:30. I am going to be using the pull up bar this time. The workout was good, except I have to regain the strength I had. I could barely do any pull ups but toward the end, I figured out how to assist my upper body with my legs (no chairs at the gym).

Yesterday, I had three eggs, two protein shakes (with three servings of skim milk), two protein bars, three servings of chicken, and one serving of shrimp. One apple and one banana. One serving of lettuce, one serving of tomatoes, and two servings of carrots. One and a half servings of pasta (cheating, already!) with sauce as my condiment. For my fat, I had two tablespoons of a dipping sauce (fewer calories than I'm allowed). For my snacks, I had a Promax bar (270 calories) and 20 almonds. Another cheat: 1 piece of chocolate. I also had coffee, which I don't think is allowed, but I can't go without it.

This morning, I did the Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit and Ab Ripper X. Both are incredibly tough and I had a hard time getting through them ... I was sweating like mad.

I'm looking forward to settling into the routine of waking up early. It's still difficult getting up at 6, but going to the gym at 6:30 gives me ample time to workout and not have to rush getting ready for work. I have to prepare my lunch, set the coffee maker, separate workout clothes, and other small things like that the night before because I definitely will not have time to do those things in the morning and so I don't make too much noise and wake Brittany and Romeo.

So far, two workouts done and feeling great.

No comments:

Post a Comment